Saturday, September 29, 2012

Do you only eat salads?

I was asked the other night, "How do you do it - only eating salads?"

I think this person knows that I eat more than just salads, but still I am asked often about this or get comments often about how difficult it must be to eat gluten free. The majority of the time...not that difficult. In general, other than my bitter at life moments that I cannot have a donut, it is all worth it to me now.  I feel healthy, I'm in the best shape I've been in in years, and I usually don't miss the bread and carbs.

So yes, I do eat salads often...but I eat a lot more than that!

Here is a picture of today's...you guessed it...salad!


Today's salad was very simple.  Cucumbers, carrots, cauliflower, and my favorite addition to most salads this summer - avocado.  Summer is quickly ending it seems - yes, I know, it has already officially ended...  But, the weather here is still gorgeous, so I am enjoying "summery" food as long as I can.  Soon it will be soups and all things fall!